University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
Home > Resources for Learners > Classes > Beginning Chinese 1
Beginning Chinese I
Beginning Chinese I is a course designed for beginners with no prior knowledge of Chinese language. This course offers an introduction to reading, listening, speaking, and writing in Chinese. Students will practice accurate pronunciation and tones, learn basic grammar structures, and learn to recognize about 130 characters. By the end of the session, students will be able to exchange basic personal information, initiate and respond to greetings and conduct basic conversations.
- Words: 130
- Communicative objectives
- The students are able to:
- exchange basic personal information
- initiate and respond to greetings
- ask for addresses, family members names and times.
- Language objectives:
- positive sentence creation
- negative sentence creation
- proper use of simple question structures
- proper use of basic sentence structure: ‘subject+time+verb+object’
- Information about the textbook
It is not necessary to purchase a textbook. Instructors will distribute all necessary materials in class.
- Section A: Mondays, 6:00- 7:30 pm
- Section B: Tuesdays, 6:00–7:30 p.m.
$225 for each participant
University International Center, Room 101
331 17th Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414